Sunday, August 09, 2009

The world of make believe!

I love movies. I love the way my mind is switched off from reality for the 2 or 3 hours that I watch a movie. I saw one today. It was about love. About how irrespective of the era, generation or time or circumstances, love does make the world go round :).

I don't know if I'm seeking it. Maybe I am. Somewhere deep down am afraid to admit that I won't ever find it.
So it's about a begrudging acceptance of that and while it's not so bad and the end of the world et al, it still feels like I am looking at a chasm of loneliness. Is that so bad? Not if I can fill up that chasm with all the good things life is made up of - friends, hobbies, music, food, books - I've deliberately left out sex. Cause right now in my life it's left out lol!

Oh how wish I could make my world to be a world of make believe instead of wincing at the thought of going and doing mundane things at work. Instead of wondering when the mundane will become enriching and fun and wondering how long I'll have to give myself self-help lessons in positive thinking!

Well, can't have the reel thing, but the real thing they say is always better. Dare I say it?

No comments: