Monday, July 27, 2009

Bank on yourself!

The article by the same name in today's edition of the Sunday Times struck me. It was one of those 'Oh my God' moments when you go, 'yes' and no it's not the orgasmic 'yes'. I knew what was troubling me, I knew why and it felt wonderful to acknowledge it. It was as if a burden had been lifted.

There's chaos in my life. I've been brushing it under the carpet so often in the past and not succumbing to the emotions, that I have (maybe had?) become cold, hard nosed and often an alien even to myself I think.

But this too shall pass. For I am making attempts at re-discovering who I am. It's exciting and exhilarating for most. For me, it hurts, it's painful and I'm a wee bit frightened. What if I don't like who I am and I find out I actually am the hard nosed bitch that people see me as? Brrrrr!

But I have to bank on myself. No one else. I will keep the faith. It's moved mountains, I've heard. What's a poor lil me in comparison!

No comments: