Sunday, January 04, 2009

Aloha 2009!

No lists.
No resolutions.
No 'rewind 2008'.
No 'hits and misses'.
No 'so what did you do for New Year's eve?'
No 'it's recession time, so just a house party'!
No '100 or 50 or 10 must do, must have, must see, things'.
No 'How to live 2009 happily ever after'.

Just joy at the thought that I may, just may have got over my block. I haven't written in 3 months! That's a bit much for someone like me. Even for lethargic, slob, procrastinator, hyperventilating, 'won't write ever because am so hurt, or depressed or rejected' me, is a bit much.

Don't know why I haven't written. But am not going to do a case study analysis on the why. Lots of reasons, but hey, I didn't write. I should have, could have, would have, wanted to and so on and so forth. I didn't. I am writing now.

Right! Hope, love, laughter, health, joy, sorrow, pain, incredulous and incredible happiness, grief, beauty, wonder, innovation, splendour, friends, relatives, family, disease, frustration, anger, fury, patience, death, peace are all anchored after a year of travelling around the globe.

Here's to you, you and you and of course to me and aloha 2009! With dollops of what we'd like to weed out of that 'list' above and what we'd like quadrupled.

So, er.. what's your resolution? :)

1 comment:

pruvaloo said...

Welcome back stranger :)